Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Chicken Taco Casserole

1 bag tortilla chips
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 can diced tomatoes w/green chiles
1 can black beans (or refried beans)
1 packet taco seasoning
3 cups cooked chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking pan; add 1 layer of crushed tortilla chips. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, tomatoes, black beans (or refried), taco seasoning and chicken. Layer the mixture on top of the chips, followed by 1 cup of cheese. Repeat the layer. Cook for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

Okay, I love Mexican food. I forgot about the chicken and did ground turkey; also, I substituted black beans with refried. This was super good and the girls loved it. A little too acidic for me, but worth it! I think I would use refried beans from now on (only because I prefer them).

No comments: